Bar-ax, meaning "the opposite” in Farsi, is the leading knowledge base on Iranian contemporary and alternative music and songs.
We advise Iranian musicians on ways to professionalize their careers, as well as promote, license and distribute their music inside and outside Iran. We curate and archive this important sector of Iranian culture, for current and future generations.
We provide legal consultancy to Iranian musicians on:
- Copyright registration and licensing of the music and songs;
- How to operate under the strict censorship;
- Global distribution of their work.
- Professionalize their recordings;
- Publicize their performances;
- Promote performances in countries outside Iran;
- Link with other media professionals (documentary makers, film makers, broadcasters), as well as academics.
We represent our clients' interests, sharing the profit equally.
Bar-Ax Managing Director